Friday, August 28, 2009

deeper things - He knows, He knows

Today was day 3 radiation, and NO chemo...and a brief meeting with Dr. Ward (remember, Eddie Haskell, but nicer...) about the feeding tube infection.

Well, just as I finally began to look forward to my once nightly time with Psalm 23, and blogged about that, God has rewarded me with a second flushing each day as a result of the infection...and a double dose of antibiotics...The second flushing will allow for a double dose of the Psalms, as well. I have decided to peruse the whole book of Psalms (1-150 straight through) before this journey is over. I'll still kept the beloved Psalm 23 for my daily second "flush," but the first one will go one by one or two by two depending on the time I have each day. I sense the Lord is saying...stay with Me in Psalms...they'll be time for the rest of the OT and NT at other times and other places in this journey. But here's where we will meet and dwell together for the time being...

I am needing the nausea meds already, and I am going to see four clients this afternoon... we will see how that goes...then the weekend off to rest up for the journey next week. Hey, after next week it's a 3 day weekend, and only a 4 day radiation week to follow (we all so need rest from our labor).

5 comments:

  1. I have been praying for you and my stepdad. I hope the clients went well. I am moving in downstairs and will send prayers up and over to you. God is bigger than all that directional stuff anyway. Thank you for allowing me to share and to be vulnerable and to know who you are. He wants us to be in feloowship and what a better time and not a better place to do it! One Day at a Time they say. We do Psalms in the summer, each summer. They are SO rich and beautiful and delicious, even if you can't eat delicious food all the time, God will feed you. He loves you and so do a whole bunch of us! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here's your doughnut! glad your first week is over.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, that was me - Lauri

    ReplyDelete
  4. Doughnuts? We have doughnuts? I'm bringin' the coffee and will be right over. It's just a 2- or 3-day drive..... hold that mask, we have some serious scarfing to do!

    ReplyDelete
  5. praying now for resolution of the infection and nausea control. you are loved,brother. thank you for letting us know how to pray. we are here, near methodist on treatment days, should you need our help with anything, however small or big... Also,what kind of food(if any)is palatable to you right now?

    ReplyDelete