Sunday, September 27, 2009

deeper things - giving thanks

I am in a better place today. Not physically, but emotionally. I am not feeling despair. I am alert (and fully oriented) and really taking today as it comes. I actually drove the two miles to my office and did a few hours of insurance claims paperwork that had been stacking up before all this started. I've enjoyed some NFL games. And I've just lived Sunday. I am thankful for this day, and this weekend. I am thankful to God for this day.

"Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus." I Thes5:16-18

Here's what I think about those verses. They are easy to recite. They are transforming to live. Maybe I will "learn" nothing new on this journey, but I am being given an opportunity to live a little more authentically when it counts. And as today is being received, that's where I am living. How awesome. And to be honest, it does put a little more spark into me physically as well. Just today, Steve, just today. I am giving thanks and feeling thankful. Really pretty thankful.

Lord, look ...I'm livin it today!!!

That blows me away.

2 comments:

  1. I praise God for your joy for today.... and your inspiration to me. And whoa, a legion of followers in this life and the Other smile with you. And we'll hold you when the tears next come, even if they're not visible and ya ain't talkin'. We're here. (I do want to kick those oncologists' butts, though).

    Still a work in progress, c'est moi...!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Steve, Great to read that today has been better. PTL. You exemplify II Cor. 2: 15 where it talks about being a "sweet aroma of Christ." Thanks. All of us have benefited. Keep on moving forward. The number of acorns yet to acculumate is less than the number already accumulated.

    ReplyDelete