Thursday, September 24, 2009

checking in - better n'yesterday

Radiation Day 21 of 35

Didn't want to leave yesterday's post hanging...since today was an improvement over yesterday. I forced myself to sit up during the day rather than lie down and stare off into misery hour after hour. I watched some TV, and actually sipped some pureed soup dropped off by a friend...I was surprised - I hadn't had any food or liquid in the traditional way in quite some time. It was tolerable. No promises for tomorrow, but today...I swallowed soup. Plus, the nausea was contained by meds. My mouth and throat are a mess, but of course, what can one expect from this barrage of WMD's aimed at my throat day after day... not flowers.

Now, I am going to watch The Office.

"God listens"...."God hears"...that is the translation of my Hebrew name given to me at 8 days... pronounced something like "shimayah." There is a longer story here, but I'll save it for a deeper things post. Thanks again for praying.

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad to hear today was a better day. Please know that we are here with you even when you don't have the energy to write. We can hear what isn't written.... and will respond with prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I prayed while I drove all these past days and I shall keep praying now that I'm back in Roswell....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Steve,
    I just read your sister Ann's comment from yesterdays blog. I am laughing out loud. I have always enjoyed that story about your mom hauling that mattress to your Boy Scout camp. It just cracks me up! I agree with Ann that your mom is looking after you. Hope today is a better day as well. Cd

    ReplyDelete