Friday, September 18, 2009

checking in - bed-in

Radiation day 17 of 35 ... 2nd of 3 rounds of chemo complete

"all we are saying ...is give peace a chance"

No, wait...that was John and Yoko and that was nearly 40 years ago, and they were singing and laughing during their bed-in.
And they had Tommy Smothers and Timothy Leary and dozens of others bedside.

My day in bed was a bit more subdued. Just two companians...Nausea and fatigue. Even Simcha has left me alone today. She herself, having her own bed-in, is hiding somewhere in the house. After our morning jaunt to Omaha for radiation, Kathy took off for work, and thus far I have spent the remainder (95%) of the day in bed, with, have I mentioned...nausea and fatigue? Nausea...and fatigue. I don't mind the fatigue, though I have been contemplating a walk to the curb to check the mail for the past hour, and my energy level says..."maybe in awhile." But the nausea, in spite of Zofran, Compazine, some steroid, and some other drug this morning (Emend), still remains, though I am sure those drugs have had some impact.

I have two words to sum up the day (no, not nausea and fatigue... good guess though)....CHEMO SUCKS.

Back to bed.

2 comments:

  1. P.S. Chemo REALLY sucks. I'd hug you, Steve, but it would probably make you feel akk-akk not so hot.

    Prayers and tea and double the Zofran.......

    xoxoxo
    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear that! The chemo consolation is: if it's making you feel that rotten, think what it's doing to the #$@%^&!+# cancer!

    ReplyDelete