Monday, October 12, 2009

the deepest thing - my song in the night

Here is the verse that has gotten me through this past seven weeks...at the core...the love and support of family and friends has been the deeper thing...and the knowledge of Him and His love and support has been the deepest thing. My strength and my heart...I love you all...and I love Him, my "heavenly Friend."

"...I have learned the secret of being well-fed and of going hungry, of having plenty and being in need. I can do all things through Him that strengthens me." Phil 4:13


Here is the song that will get me through the next 48 hours...read along, as the lyrics are provided. If you happen to be up around 3AM, listen carefully...if you hear it on the wind...I will be singing in my heart...

7 comments:

  1. Steve, Again, the broken record from me. Many, many thanks for sharing and being an ecouragement to so many, particularly to Julie and I. Your writing makes the tears flow freely. I wouldn't have it any other way. I hurt for you. The song is very touching in light of your circumstances. A still soul in the midst of life's storms is a priceless, precious gift. Thanks for domonstrating God's wonderful gift of grace and love in spite of walking through the deep valley. I am excited to see the end of the radiation treatments is on the near horizon. Keep on hanging on. We love you very much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS 34:8 "Taste and see the Lord is good; blessed is the man who takes refuge in him." Steve, you have given us all a taste of the Lord, in your stew, in your words, in your journey. Take someone with you on that first walk around the block. We hold you near in our prayers as you finish the journey.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I couldn't listen to the words of this song without welling up with tears. It is amazing that even in your time of difficulty, God is using your story and experience to encourage others. I needed the words of that song this evening and the reminder that My God will be the One to order and provide. We have been counting down the days for you at our house, praying for you daily and looking forward to when you can say, "It is finished." Thanks for sharing this walk so honestly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love to you in every step remaining.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Steve,
    Wishing you peace as you cross the finish line. Cd

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for the beautiful song and for sharing your journey. Wishing you a peaceful last day today and a lot of joy at the end.
    Mary Lou

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have been so generous in sharing the journey. At least one big, rocky step of it is over. And thanks for all the poetry and song as well!

    ReplyDelete