Saturday, October 24, 2009

checking in - such a good day...

...all things considered, today was by far my strongest and most symptom free day. I slept well last night, which I am finding, has more to do with the outcome of the day ahead than I had ever realized. I felt more energy getting out of bed than I have had in at least a month. I was feeling so good, I tried a few sips of milk, but I am not ready for that yet. A little disappointing. (The other disappointment of the day was the performance of the Nebraska Cornhuskers, but that's a whole other issue.) After the game, I drove to the library, stopped at my office to check mail, and drove home. I then took a walk around the block, another first...it's been probably around two months since I've taken a walk...it felt really good; it was a cool, misty, autumn day...the leaves have never looked more beautiful. It's around 6PM and I have not had a physical let-down yet for the day. Overall, I feel qualitatively better today than I have up to this point. So, I rejoice and give thanks for this day. My mood has improved considerably.

7 comments:

  1. Steve, We celebrate your good day and thank GOD for His goodness and miracles in your life!
    Psalm 77:14 "You are the God who performs miracles; who displays His power among the peoples."
    We pray for your continued healing!
    Blessings,
    M & M

    ReplyDelete
  2. Steve, Good to hear of another day of improvements. Don't stop now. I grieve with you in light of the Husker loss. Maybe next week. I think the volley ball team will do better. At least they are up 2-0 right now. Have a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Best news I've had for a very long time!!! Looks like you've turned the corner. Hopefully soon a walk around the block will become "a walk in the park"!

    LUV U, Barb

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! That's great that you were driving and walking! Each day will bring more healing--hallelujah!

    ReplyDelete
  5. YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Driving, walking, appreciating our (crummy!) weather - all wonderful things. I pray for you each day and miss seeing you. As we sang compline after choir rehearsal last Wed. I really took in the "thank you for the blessings and burdens of life," thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks BE to God over and over and over again!

    ReplyDelete