Monday, October 12, 2009

checking in- getting closer

radiation day 33 of 35

So day 33 didn't start out so well; I "fed" myself a can of liquid food (Jevity...like Boost)) at 7:00AM, got sick at 7:30AM, and had to leave for Omaha at 7:50AM. I've described before the particular horror of getting sick these days, so it was a lousy way to start the day. I was in pain, and really bummed. I was actually quite worried about getting sick again whilst my face was entrapped in it's radiation mask. But I got through that, slept on the drive home, and am trying to keep myself medicated and under control.

I am so ready for the next two days to be over. There's not many numbers left to crunch...two...one...done! Then, I will plan on no improvement for 4 days (I just picked a number), then, I want, hope, pray, that my salivary glands get some kind of message that the war is over, and they can stop manufacturing whatever it is that has replaced saliva and is making me so sick.

I have nothing scheduled but rest and recovery until November. I am planning to start next week with a walk around the block and sort of try to begin building back some strength. I don't really know what to expect...I talk with my oncologist again on Wednesday after my last treatment. I don't really know much of anything...my life has slowly come to a full stop.

So...tonight and tomorrow during the middle of the night, when I am awake and anxious...here will be my song...no...no...not here...I will put in on another "deeper things" post by itself.

I can't hardly believe I am this close to finishing radiation.

1 comment:

  1. Just two more days, and all of the love and joy that's been held at bay by the radiation will come streaming in anew and carry you on a flood of good wishes and good health. May you rest easy in the arms of God 'til then.

    ReplyDelete