Monday, October 5, 2009

checking in - four hour rides

Radiation day 28 of 35

Seven more days of radiation...next Wednesday!

My days and nights are now being experienced in blocks of four hour roller coaster rides. I take hydrocodone, the next 3 hours are manageable, then I start feeling my throat and tongue pain, then the unbelievable dry mouth starts to bother me, then I wait till the 4 hours are up and get my next dose. Then I wait a few minutes, and start feeling better. I swallow as little as possible; and it is horribly painful when I do. I think I got the food talk out of my system yesterday, so I won't blather on that again, though I still would like to hear what people consider their best food friend. Just a short entry today.

5 comments:

  1. How about a bowl of rocky road ice cream on a bed of about three home made soft chocolate chip cookies and carmel drizzled over the top. Yum, yum. Healthy too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Home made French Vanilla ice cream every 4th of July. I will share some with you next year. It is legendary. I like the idea of the soft chocolate chip cookies as well. :) Thank you for taking the pain meds. There is no good reason to suffer. The pain only robs you of peace. I wouldn't fear addiction, it isn't recreational use and when you are well, you can taper off easily. Still praying.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anything chocolate! And if you add almonds or pecans to that it's a few seconds of heaven!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Best friend food today is my morning coffee - organic, fair trade, bird-friendly and very strong. With goofy sweet things in it like honey 'n cream OR Vanilla Silk creamer. Fave from 20 years ago during its southern California craze (there is a mild resurgence now, but only mild and only in metro areas) is soft frozen yogurt - almost all of the mouthy ecstasy of real ice cream with none of the guilt. You can tell I'm from California, right? I can't help it......!

    That said, everything everyone is writing about, from piled-high deli to rocky road, makes my mouth water. Steve, I want yours to water again! Food, Jesus and HEALING, boy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. PIZZA - even bad pizza is better than good anything else-
    Ann

    ReplyDelete