Tuesday, November 3, 2009

checking in - hi ho, hi ho

it's off to work I go.

I can't believe how excited I am to return to work...not unlike how one feels after waiting months for a vacation to begin...it makes me realize just how important being productive is. I will have some difficulty with dry mouth, but otherwise, I think I will be OK seeing three clients today.

Yesterday was a really good day...I had a visit from some friends I used to work with at the Lincoln Regional Center, I spent an hour or two at the office doing some odds and ends, and had good energy. The weather was nice and I spent some time outside as well. A very good day.

I am drinking Boost for about half my meals, and yesterday, I was able to sip on water as well. The water tasted just like Boost, which tasted like nothing. But at least the unpleasant taste is diminishing. I long for the day some taste buds begin to show up on the scene.

Perhaps I will check in again to update my day later on this afternoon. That's it for now.

3 comments:

  1. Good to see the young Steve Blum returning. I enjoyed the visit yesterday as well. Enjoy your day at work. I will try and do the same. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful progress Steve! Praying the taste buds wake up and soon you will enjoy the way things taste again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope your day back at work went well. Continuing to keep you in our thoughts and prayers!
    Blessings,
    M & M

    ReplyDelete