Tuesday, November 17, 2009

checking in - good day sunshine

It was a good day on several fronts...

The sun came out for the first time in several days...it felt good to stand in the sunshine. It looks like the weather will be decent through Thanksgiving. NO SNOW and not that cold for this time of year.

I saw four clients and had enough energy at the end of the day to go home feeling pretty good.

I drank 5 bottles of Ensure plus...no taste...but they went down fairly easily...1750 calories!!!

I got through the entire night without having to get up to rinse my mouth out for the first time last night.

I had two or three bites of vanilla pudding this evening...tasteless, but again, it wasn't painful.

I was encouraged by a thoughtful e-mail from Ted Kooser...he finished radiation/chemo 11 years ago at the end of August and was able to eat and mildly taste Thanksgiving dinner...12 weeks...but it puts it in some perspective...

I am now 5 weeks post treatment...time is starting to pass a bit more quickly.

I am thankful for this good day.

5 comments:

  1. It is difficult to be patient. I am very pleased you have gotten to know Ted Kooser. He seems like a very kind man. I am thankful that the vanilla pudding didn't taste bad at least. You know, even if you just sit in a chair all day long and do absolutely nothing other than rest, you are useful and important to us and to God and that is all that matters. You are not what you do. Praying Gods blessings and mercy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Son of a gun, Steve...you may just find yourself in weighwatchers a year from now, as Ann had predicted...hope you are able to keep pounding the ensures, and that your energy and spirits stay on the upswing...have a good thanksgiving week ahead. bruce g.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to hear that your day went well with a little energy to spare. What are you going to do with all of that excess energy? I suspect you will find a place to put it to good use. I am very happy for you. Keep the recovery coming. God bless. Jim

    ReplyDelete
  4. Steve, your journey continues to inspire. It is so good to see Jesus bless and keep you. I know it is selfish but I miss you here (CU) more than ever. I am sorry I have been an absent friend. Please forgive me and know you are still so special to Sue and I even though we haven't talked. Maybe we will talk soon. Marty K.

    ReplyDelete
  5. One year my mom moved Christmas on us because my dad was out of town December 24 and 25. Holidays can be anytime you're ready for them. You can have your Thanksgiving feast when it tastes best. Abe Lincoln won't mind at all. God give you better and better days.

    ReplyDelete