Monday, November 9, 2009

checking in - a few good days!

Actually, three of four good days...Friday, Sunday and today (Monday). Saturday was a little rough, and I felt run down and uncomfortable most of the day, and needed some meds to get through it, but the day was helped along by a Nebraska Cornhusker victory over Oklahoma which made the evening better...if you are a Husker fan, no commentary is necessary...if you are not...no commentary is needed.

I saw clients today and it is after 6PM and I still feel a bit of energy. That's good. My mouth has co-operated for the most part, and I drank two bottles of "Ensure" today which went down fairly easily, though still no taste. I tried one individual piece of Ziti pasta yesterday, but that was a failed experiment. It was too distasteful, and I couldn't bring myself to try another piece. I absolutely love anything pasta and marinara, and I don't want to associate it with a bad taste. I bought some Farina...but as yet, I am just looking at it and it back at me...neither of us is making the first move. I long for a little sweet taste and I might try some pudding or yogurt this week regardless. It could be months before taste buds kick start back into gear. Isn't it odd what can become such a big deal... whoever is reading this...give thanks for those little taste buds...you have taken them for granted all your life, haven't you? Shame on you! Right NOW...STOP...be grateful for the wonderful taste of food that you eat. We spent two hours watching the food channel last night...(Iron Chef). Ironic, but the food channel is my substitute for being able to enjoy food.

My schedule is filling up...I am limiting myself to three or four (max) clients a day, and that is working out. Tomorrow is my first day with four clients scheduled. I have to discipline myself not to exceed that limit for another month or so.

Now that I am feeling a little better, I may start posting a few poems and other thoughts again...when I was feeling my lousiest, everything that was once enjoyable became depressing.

I appreciate this good day.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks again for sharing. Sounds like you are getting in shape for a marathon. That is, a little progress at a time over a long period of time. Keep on moving forward. I think you are making great progress in light of that which you have been through. You are probably in shape enough to do a half-marathon. The full marathon is only a few months away. You have impacted different people a total of 4030 times. What an impact. Many thanks and God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. well i am so glad for these good days. it is good to hear from you. i think of you very often. i am going to try to give thanks for my taste buds every time i use them tomorrow! gina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good doctor! Would you please explain "necessary" versus "needed" with the Cornhusker quip? Your fond traveling friend who wishes you exquisite taste returning soon, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to admit I have not appreciated my taste buds. Thank you for the reminder! I am so pleased you are heading down the path slowely and thinking about things to eat. I am also glad you are able to get back to clients, slow but steady wins the race. Praise God!

    ReplyDelete