Wednesday, November 25, 2009

checking in - having a good day

Tomorrow is Thanksgiving, and today, I am having a good day. I've been at my office for three hours, and I am feeling reasonable energy to get through the day, and little physical discomfort. I have already consumed 800 calories (it's 1:00PM) so I may make 1800 today. My mouth has not been too troublesome.

I am thankful. The sun is out, though so is the wind. Yes, sometimes I must take the wind along with the sun...isn't that the truth. But if I just say...this sucks, it's so windy...then I do disservice by ignoring the pleasant sunshine. So to, in this ordeal. There is sunshine in the care and warmth of my friends and family...in the expressions of love I have recieved throughout this windstorm. There is the hope I hold for being "cured" and the prayers of many for me.

I thank God, and I thank you all, and I am heading for tomorrow (at least right now) with a pretty good attitude!



A segment from David's Psalm of Thanks

1 Chronicles 16:7-15

7 That day David first committed to Asaph and his associates this psalm of thanks to the LORD :

8 Give thanks to the LORD, call on his name;
make known among the nations what he has done.

9 Sing to him, sing praise to him;
tell of all his wonderful acts.

10 Glory in his holy name;
let the hearts of those who seek the LORD rejoice.

11 Look to the LORD and his strength;
seek his face always.

12 Remember the wonders he has done,
his miracles, and the judgments he pronounced,

13 O descendants of Israel his servant,
O sons of Jacob, his chosen ones.

14 He is the LORD our God; his judgments are in all the earth.

15 He remembers his covenant forever,
the word he commanded, for a thousand generations.

2 comments:

  1. Just a short note to wish you and Kathy a very Happy Thanksgiving. We are planning to go home to family in South Dakota for a couple of days. You are a tremendous blessing to me. Thanks for the perspective reminders. Keep on healing and getting better and stronger.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad this has been a better day for you, Steve. I hope tomorrow is even better, with more sun than wind and maybe a little hint of good flavor to grace your battered buds. God bless you and Kathy and all your family.--Peg

    ReplyDelete