Monday, December 28, 2009

checking in - back at it

Like everyone else in eastern Nebraska, we were snowed in for a few days over Christmas, receiving in excess of a foot of snow (to add to the foot of snow from a few weeks earlier which barely began to melt). We had a very quiet day. I had a cold and it zapped my energy again. We saw family Saturday and Sunday, and that was nice. I think I am past the cold, and I saw clients today, and felt reasonably well. I find myself checking 10 day forecasts on the internet in hopes that we will warm up enough to melt some of the snow and drifts, but alas, no days above freezing in sight... I find I have become a wimp to cold and snowy weather. I guess I don't have the layer of fat to protect me that was there a year ago. Thank God we did not lose power, as a few neighborhoods did. I look out the window and see birds and squirrels...I do not know how these local birds survive Nebraska winters, but they do...

I am feeling slightly more energetic these last few days, and I hope that is a sign that my energy is starting to return. Now if only my salivary glands would wake up...

5 comments:

  1. Good to hear that you beat the cold and that your energy is gradually improving. Remember, the Huskers are needing all of the help they can get. I see the line is even now. How does that change from day to day with the same two teams? Anyway, keep gaining strength and cheer hard in a couple of days. Bo Big Red. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year, I pray it will be so much better and full of healing and good health for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year, Steve and Kathy! So much snow, Go Big Red, good friends and family...sounds like your last few week's highlights have been pretty consistent with mine. I wish for you the taste for food very soon (and hoping that the weight you will begin to gain is the weight that I will lose! ha) Your doctor sounds like a great guy--encouraging and realistic. Rehab is work...that really struck me. So even when you want food to taste delicious, it will feel like work for awhile...just go through the motions and the love and taste of food will come back in time. Wow!! What a lesson on expectations and patience, isn't it? I'm sure every day is full of little and big lessons. Let us know when you are ready for meditation...I think we are taking a break until that time comes. Thinking of you and hoping for your continued healing. Jodi

    ReplyDelete
  4. happy new year friend. I love that this year brings the hope of renewal and healing for us ALL. I love Jodi's thoughts about going through the motions until the affection for food returns. Man. Profound and applicable in so many areas! Blessings , Gina

    ReplyDelete
  5. Steve and Kathy,
    Our thoughts are with you in this new year. Our prayers are that you will start recovery in earnest soon and have to start thinking about losing some pounds like the rest of us. Thanks again for letting us walk through this difficult time with you.
    Love,
    Auntie Kay and Uncle Bob

    ReplyDelete