Friday, December 11, 2009

checking in - a turn for the worse

It's been a rough four days. Tuesday, I woke up feeling quite weak and a bit nauseated. It was also the day of a blizzard that left us buried under an excess of a foot of snow. Schools were closed for three straight days, something I don't remember happening before. Wednesday I was feeling a bit worse, and had trouble getting any food or water down. Thursday, Kathy took me to my GP in Lincoln, who ordered numerous blood tests. Unfortunately, it appears that the results wont be in until Monday (It's Friday afternoon and the Doctor's office closes in an hour and the results aren't back yet... unbelievable). I don't know what's wrong with me...possibly dehydration, possibly a thyroid issue... but I've done little more than lie in bed for four days and I had to cancel all my clients...I am weak and shaky and cold...how discouraging! I was beginning to eat some real food, and now I am back to using the feeding tube. Most of the day, I don't feel the energy to get from the couch to the bed.

I appreciate your prayers. I will post as soon as I know something further.

5 comments:

  1. Steve - This is just a bump in the road. I think the weather affects us more than we know. I am praying you will back to rice crispies and more very soon. Please check your email if you feel up to it. It used to snow like this when I was little, I was born and raised in Lincoln. This used to be the norm. We missed school for a week and there were power outages across the city. An adventure staying at my aunties house that had heat and a real fire place!!! Those were the days of tire chains and such. I think we should move to Florida.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm thinking of you and praying for you and wishing achingly that you feel better NOW. I'm so sorry you're feeling so sucky.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Steve, Thanks again for courageously sharing your struggles. I am at a loss as to what to say that may be of value to you except to let you know that I ache for you and pray regularly for you. I wish I could make things better for you. Praying from West Lincoln.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Continuing to pray for you..........

    ReplyDelete
  5. Praying for you every single day...

    ReplyDelete