Sunday, June 6, 2010

deeper things - poetry slam - wake up!

Gabrielle Bouliane died less than two months after this poetry slam performance (she died toward the end of January 2010). She was dying while I was reviving from my chemo and radiation which was completed in October 2009...it could just as easily have been the reverse. My time (and yours) will be here any day now... This is her heart. Wow... and I complain about not having saliva or being able to eat dry foods or having low energy? Take this and let it permeate your heart. So... remind me... what is it that is stopping us from doing what we need to do and saying what we need to say that will add meaning and value to our lives NOW? Give it some thought.

3 comments:

  1. Steve,'
    "Wow" is right. This was very powerful.It has me thinking. Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anyone have access to a film of gabrielle's last slam? It's no longer online via youtube.
    Really want to see it.
    Marjorie.Scheer@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete